Wednesday, September 26, 2012

R3W2

I'm in Pendleton for my Women's Health rotation.  I'm now into my second week and I'm feel pretty comfortable with pelvic exams, pap smears, finding fetal heart tones and breast exams.  I can tell how dilated pregnancy women are, but have a harder time judging how effaced the cervix is.  On my first day I assisted with a c-section over lunch and yesterday we did a D&C on a pt in the morning.  I've learned that the inside of the uterus should feel like a cat's tongue. 

I also really miss pediatrics.  I'm learning tons and getting lots of good experience, but I don't love it like I did Peds. 

This weekend should be exciting as I'm hanging around Pendleton because I'm on call all weekend.  Hopefully we'll deliver a few more babies and assist in the OR. 

Will is busy traveling around the country this week for interviews at a couple of schools.  I'll let you hear all about it from him. 

2 comments:

  1. On your first day you assisted a c-section! So crazy. Way to be a pro all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this adventure of yours, Sara! It sounds like you are learning so many useful and interesting things. You are so cool!

    ReplyDelete