Tuesday, October 2, 2012

R3W3

I can't believe it's October!  I can already tell that this year of rotations is going to go by in a blink of an eye.  As promised staying in Pendleton for the weekened was exciting.  Friday I toured the Woolen Mills here in Pendleton and got to see the looms in action - they are very noisy.  I also visited a very fun quilt shop in town and bought myself an early birthday present - a pattern and fabric to make a new quilt.  It may be awhile before I have time to actually work on it, but I'm very excited to get started.  I slept at the hospital Friday and Saturday night as we had patient in labor and delivered babies early Saturday and Sunday morning.  I had enough time to head home, catch a nap and then make it to the Pendleton 2nd Ward for church.  After returning home I got another call and packed up my bag ready to spend a 3rd night in the hospital, but this patient's water broke and 4 hours later we had a brand new baby - meaning I got to go home and sleep in pajamas for the 1st time since Thursday night.  Helping to deliver the babies has been amazing - women's bodies are truly incredible and it is amazing to present for something so intimate and special.  I love watching the dads just after baby is born - they cry and they can't decide if they should go by baby or Mom.  My favorite is the look of pure amazement and love when they look at the new moms and say "You did it!"

Start looking forward to an upcoming post from Will about his travels last week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment