Mom and dad can no longer think that I'm not a contributing member of society. I could hear dad rolling his eyes when I told him that I stopped working at the bank back in May but it looks like things turned out well. I was able to study for the GRE and now I have a better job.
Don't get me wrong, I had a good time at US Bank. I really liked my coworkers and I learned a lot about banking in general, it just wasn't plausible for me to be driving to Canby nearly everyday.
In the first week of September I interviewed for a job as a Special Education Paraprofessional (teaching assistant) at a middle school. I got a call a few days later saying that they loved me but unfortunately there was someone else with experience that they gave the job to. Then the next week on Tiesday morning I got a call saying "it turns out we need a little more help, a few of our kids require more attention and we've been given the go-ahead to hire another parapro and we'd like you, can you start tomorrow?" I said yes.
It was kinda funny telling the people in our small branch in Portland. Sara would say "Will got a job" and they would say "Yay!" then she would say "it's in Seattle" and then they would look at her confused and say "are you okay with that?" And yes, we are okay with it.
I'm working at Islander Middle School on Mercer Island, the same school that Sara's mom teaches at. So far I've been there a week and a half and I've had a blast. Oddly enough it'll workout that with me living in Seattle, Sara and I will see each other more often. The only jobs I could find in Portland were retail-type jobs and that meant that I would work a good deal of nights and weekends, the only time that I would get to see Sara (either in person or on FaceTime). Now since I work at the school I don't work weekends, I have extended holiday breaks, a mid-winter break as well as a spring break plus vacation and personal days. I will be living with Sara's parents but we get along great so I think this will work out very nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! So what does that mean for your place?
ReplyDelete