Monday, January 20, 2014

Passey Family United Kingdom Adventure

Will and I have recently returned from a trip to London, Edinburgh and York.  This was Will's first time out of the country.


Here's a list of our favorite moments from each day of the trip:


The Butterbeer at the Harry Potter studio tour was... interesting. 
An amazing office

I don't know why I look so happy to be put in my place.

The amazing 1:24 scale model of the castle.

Will:
The Globe Stage
  • Samurai armor at the Brittish Museum
  • Dumbledore's office and our pre-dinner stop at a sit down Haagen-dazs 
  • The defenses at The Tower of London and standing on the floor of the Shakespeare's Globe theater: 360 View Here
  • Westminster Abbey Tour 
  • Spitafields Open Air Market and his new leather bag purchased there 
  • Watching the countryside and coast on our train to Edinburgh
  • Hiking Arthur's seat 
  • The York Cocoa Cafe - chocolate orange hot chocolate 

The panoramic view from our flat in Edinburgh 

Might as well get a picture by this guy.

Sara:
  • Tasty Indian food for dinner,  complete with leftovers for tomorrow!  
  • 1/24 scale complete model of Hogwarts 
  • Walking across Millennial Bridge and chocolate cheesecake from Harrods 
  • Boat tour on the Thames 
  • The Tigers at the Zoo and trying sticky toffee pudding (delicious!) 
  • Arriving at our lovely flat and touring the Edinburgh castle: A 360 view of our flat Here
  • Lunch of delicious cheese and bread from the local cheesemonger 
  • Finding a Robert Thompson mouse on the carved wooden screen at the York Minster.



Edinburgh Castle: Everything you think a medieval castle is.

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping for pictures when you wrote. These are fantastic! You two look so great. I want your hair! (Sorry, that was meant for Sara, not Will. No offense.)

    The mention of cheese and chocolate in one post is enough to convince me to visit the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterbeer does sound...interesting. Is it carbonated? I can't think of what it would be like.
    It all looks so cool. Sounds like it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to call and talk to you more about it!! Sounds incredible!! Glad you guys got to go!

    ReplyDelete