Sunday, February 9, 2014
Februrary
I love that the days a getting longer! Getting out of work while it is still light makes a world of difference. I'm looking forward to spring, while bracing myself for at least 6 more weeks of winter - per Punxsutawney Phil.
We got a whole new load of snow dumped yesterday. With local schools cancelled and few states of emergency declared in local nearby towns I only had 12 patients show up for appts. Twenty is a normal day for me, so I had a nice chance to get caught up on all the small things at work.
I've been escaping the cold weather and keeping up with my new exercise goals by swimming three times a week at the local YMCA. They keep the pool around 83 degrees and it feels lovely when it's in the single digits outside. The thing I love about swimming is I can't think about anything else while I'm doing it. No running through my to-do list in my head, or reviewing patient cases, or worrying about the future. I'm much to focus on when I get to breathe again to think about anything else. I find this opportunity to devote my focus to one single thing incredible freeing in our day of multitasking. What tasks allow you guys to focus on just one thing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment