So, I'll start fresh with this brand new year that we've been given. Does anyone else feel almost giddy with the possibility that awaits us each New Year? New goals, new opportunities, new new new! I've always loved fresh starts be it New Years or the start to a new semester or new school year.
We've been blessed with a lovely fresh snow fall today to remind me of the new blank slate we've been given. Will and I spent the day inside with friends, playing games and snuggling with our favorite almost 2 year old! I love having friends who share their children with us! We ventured into the cold for a quick shovel of the driveway and sledding in the backyard and it was glorious!
Who know what 2014 holds for our family, but I know that I want more moments to treasure! More evenings with friends, more FaceTime with family, more caring for patients. These moments fill my heart with joy. Looking forward to sharing these moments with you!
Love this. In my moms group last month we talked about journaling a little bit, and how some of us feel overwhelmed by it because we don't do it very often, or we find it hard to keep up with. One woman brought up that it's helpful to think about why you're journaling/blogging. Is it for you to remember, is it for others to know something, is it history? That made it feel less overwhelming. I'm not really writing for others, so I don't feel compelled to play catchup. And like you said, most people close already know everything. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a magical day!
When did you change your blog? Everyone keeps doing this, and I'm such a creature of habit that I miss the old, familiar setup.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun day - I'm glad that you did a bit of safe sledding with your favorite 2 year old. The snow scene is absolutely gorgeous, although I'm sure it won't be quite so gorgeous tomorrow when it's time to head to work. This post is filled with fun thinking . . . I love the way you go from starting fresh to fresh starts to fresh snowfall. Your Grandma Scifres loved fresh starts and I do too! (Although I sometimes lag a bit behind with the goal setting part.) Here's to a new year filled with many moments to treasure!
Beautiful picture! I love your blog.
ReplyDeleteWho is this 2-year-old who snuggles with you? That sounds adorable. You and Will are so fun.
Don't you wish you could start almost everything new at the beginning of the year? Tony and I went through "The Great Purge," where we threw away socks with holes in them and other things we kept for an obscene amount of time. Part of me wishes I could just buy a new wardrobe, rearrange the house differently, cook new dishes, etc.! Though I'll keep Tony. No new husbands or children, I guess!