Sunday, July 21, 2013

There's a Whole Continent In-between Us

So, I don't believe it's a big secret that Sara and I haven't really been living together for the past 13 months. Granted there was the glorious 8 weeks from mid-December through January that we resided in the same house, but for the most part Sara's rotations have put a little bit of distance in-between us. Well, on July 6th I decided that enough was enough, if we weren't going to live together then I was going to take all of our stuff in storage, load it into a truck and drive across the United States and set up a house there in order to woo her back from the arms of the dreaded OHSU Physician Assistant Program.

I enlisted the help of a few local ward members on Mercer Island and after 2 hours I was set to go.
After church I got Horace Greenly's quote confused and I said to myself "Go East, Young Man" and off I went. I encountered many dangers along the way. From dust devils:
To being stranded in Minneapolis and then forced to do manual labor in order to pay for my keep:
Fortunately along the way there was a couple in Butte, MT that had stopped at a local hostal. With the promise of fortune and Red Vines I was able to convince the young (read: old) man to join me on my journey. Unfortunately the manual labor required from us resulted in his passing:
During this time of loss I took comfort from the only person who could understand me in the strange land called Minnesota:
Eventually I reached the promised land. Some how the truck got unloaded and upon hearing the news of what I had done my beloved Sara she called out to me saying that she wants nothing more in the world than to be with me... but only on the condition that I only unpack what is necessary and that I leave it for her to do the rest (she really enjoys unpacking stuff). I begrudgingly agreed to these terms.

Yet with her arrival not until the 21st of August, the dreaded Physician Assistant Program still demanding her attention I have now vowed to travel back to the land of Port in order to see her conquer our mutual enemy. This time, I'll do it on a plane. It saves a lot of time.

1 comment:

  1. You are really funny. I'm really excited for you guys to live together again. :)

    ReplyDelete