Monday, January 2, 2012

Break is winding down

This year, Will and I were lucky enough to enjoy 2 Christmas celebrations. We first visited to Utah to be with Will's family. Claire & Harley were there - it was special treat to meet Harley. He doesn't bark, jump or drool. My kind of dog! He does however want to be petted all the time. :) We enjoyed facetiming with all the nieces & nephews and siblings who did come home. I don't know what we would do without technology! We also got to see some friends. Margaret & Tony treated us to a delicious meal at The Pie with Sarah & Nate and their daughter Ada. We were able to visit with Ali & Eric Gunn and their new daughter Ella - such a cutie. Will stayed up late the night we arrived to hang out with Eric & Rob & Jeff - I'm sure they had fun. I stayed awake long enough to say hello and then headed to bed. It was a great visit to Utah and we were sad to say goodbye, but were able to fit in a breakfast trip to Kneaders for their famous french toast before the airport our last morning.

We were home on Portland for a day before Blake came down to visit! It was fun to show him around some of our favorite Portland spots, although I believe it will be quite sometime until Blake's next visit due to the pedestrians in Portland. He drove me back up to Seattle to have some time and home and Will joined us after work on the 31st. This visit was especially fun as Blake's girlfriend Stefi came for New Years and we were able to spend some time getting to know her better. We had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with the family, playing games and baking.

We're back home now. School starts again for me tomorrow morning. Thanks to all our friends and family who made our break so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. So I get you are not much of a dog person? :) I'm not very into them either. Maybe for running.
    Sounds like you did some fin things. So fun you could see your family too!
    Good luck starting back up school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was way too short of a visit, but I was so glad we were able to meet up! The holidays are a perfect time to get a breath of fresh air before the daily grind starts back again. I hope this semester is amazing for you!

    ReplyDelete