I figured it was time I take a turn writing. Will and I were lucky and had plenty of time to pack up the apartment. We had everything boxed up and ready for the morning on May 12th. We picked up our Penske truck - 16 feet long and white. Then drove back to the apartment ready to load up. Bob came down to help make sure everything got loaded in right and balanced and a bunch of guys from our ward came to help load up. It was so nice to have all the help. Thanks! My friend Megan also came - she's awesome. You know you have a good friend when she helps you clean your bathroom. :) She and I cleaned and picked up donuts to thank everyone and then we were done. I couldn't believe how fast it was. It only took about 30 minutes to load the truck and about another hour to finish up last minute cleaning. We were sad to say goodbye to our first apartment but excited for our new adventure.
Will drove the truck up to Kaysville while I picked up Dad and Blake from the airport. They flew into to help us with the drive and moving everything in to our apartment in Portland. Dad and Will took the first shift in the truck and Blake and I drove the car. It was a nice drive. Will and I were able to meet up the Morgans outside of the Boise temple to say hi. We made it to Ontario the first night. The next day was beautiful driving, we drove along the Columbia River and finally into Portland.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment