Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2:08AM

That's the time at the moment. Currently there is a Wymount maintenance person in our bathroom. Apparently there is a clog down the line somewhere. He has a large auger that was brought in on a dolly. The toilet is in the bath tub.

Update: It's now 2:10 and another maintenance person just knocked on the door to join the fun!

With the bathroom down and a small bladder it's a good thing we have keys to the church.

Update II: I was about to head to bed at around 2:50 but then they brought in a new auger. This one has a foot pedal! Imagine a dentist drill, only a lot louder. Sara decided she couldn't sleep and has now joined me on the couch (have we mentioned we have a new couch?). Above us, Alicia works nights so this isn't bothering her. Doug on the other hand is in the middle of the Junior Core for accounting. I bet he's wondering what we're doing down here.

4 comments:

  1. Holy guacamole! That sounds like no fun. I hope you don't read this message until noon today, meaning that you both sleep in! What a horror story.

    Isn't it super exciting living in married student housing? Oh, the joys of blocked drains and plumber's cracks and not using the bathroom for 5 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I read your comment around 7:30. I figured I might as well come to work...at least there are working bathrooms here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. i'm surprised they would come that early in the morning!!
    that is a good thing you have keys to the church. the question is why do you have keys to the church?

    ReplyDelete