Monday, December 13, 2010

Quilt



Some of you might remember seeing pictures of this quilt on our blog before. Just to clarify those pictures were taken when I finished pieceing the top of the quilt. Now I have finally finished the quilt. I love it! I didn't use batting in the middle but just an extra layer of flannel. I didn't want to have to quilt over the tops of the t-shirts. Wendy and Cait were kind enough to help me pin the quilt and I watched the 1st and 2nd season on Pushing Daisies as I quilted (mostly on nights Will had to stay on campus late to write papers). I would highly recommend the show. I finally fished quilting it right before Thanksgiving and finished the binding last week. I'm quite proud of this creation!

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Sara! I just barely finished a T-shirt quilt too, and it took me THREE YEARS to complete! I made it way more complicated than it had to be, I like your simple style a lot better. And Will obviously likes it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow: i remember you talking about how you wanted to learn how to make a quilt when you were engaged--and now you're done it! Good job: I know it takes a lot of time (and talent)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic. Will makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete