Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

A post will be coming about the pie party we had on Sunday but for now, things are going to be out of order.

Sara and I don't do crowds very well. I can handle them alright when I'm not with anyone, I don't like keeping track of the people I'm with. Sara on the other hand doesn't like crowds at all. So it is kind of odd that we went out on Friday morning to do some shopping.

Our first stop was Gregory's Wheat Shop in Bountiful. They had a wheat grinder on sale that Sara had been eyeing for a number of months and at $50 off we decided to go for it. We were able to get the grinder but unfortunately we were not one of the first 20 people in line (the store opened at 8 and we rolled into the parking lot at 7:57) so we didn't get the stick blender on sale for $20 that my mother was hoping for.

We took a quick stop at Wal-Mart to check out the DVDs. I don't know what we were expecting, everything went on sale at midnight and we come waltzing in at 9:00 only to find out that everything was picked over...shocker.

After stopping for some Tasty's Double Blueberry Donuts we continued up to Ogden to listen to Maren perform at the Christmas Tree Jubilee. She's much better than I ever was, maybe it has to do with the fact that she practices.

From there we went to the Layton Hills Mall ("What?!?" you say, "both Wal-Mart and the mall on Black Friday? You must be crazy!"). I needed new shoes. Mine have been giving me pain for the last few weeks but I've been reluctant. After being "helped" by a poorly dressed, poorly trained employee with improper hygiene habits we found some shoes that I like.

After that we journeyed through the mall to Macy's so that we could pick up some Fiesta serving bowls. The amazing thing is that we didn't go crazy with all of the people around us. The funny thing is that we just bought things for ourselves, not for each other.

1 comment:

  1. brave. i have found that if you are not in a hurry, and just go with the flow, shopping can be a lot better.
    glad you could find some good things! i have never been out on black friday, so i don't really know how crazy it can get...i can only imagine what wal-mart and that mall were like!

    ReplyDelete