Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Canning


Ok, so maybe we did the canning over Thanksgiving, but it's for Christmas and I liked the alliteration. I've been wanting to learn to can for a couple of years and this summer I was able to go up and help Wendy can tomatoes. Then when I got some birthday money this year I discovered the supplies were pretty cheap. This year Will and I found a spagetti sauce recipe that we love, so I decided that would be a perfect 1st canning experience. Not only that, but we thought it would make fun Christmas gifts to some of our friends, like giving a plate of goodies, but instead it's healthier and they can wait to use it until they're making spagetti or lasanga. Last night we made labels that say Merry Christmas and tonight for FHE we're going to go deliver them!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I like the alliteration, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to invest in canning materials too! salsa is desperately needed at our house!

    ReplyDelete