So after looking at America's Test Kitchen (ATK) for weeks I decided it was time to attempt grilling a rack for a barbeque with our friends on Saturday. I started by soaking the rack in a pot of salt and sugar water. After that I put on the rub and once the coals were ready I started grilling.
The secret, according to ATK, was to have the coals on one half of the grill with Hickory chips on top of them and the ribs on the side without coals. After 4 hours of smoking and indirect heat they were done.
When mixing up the rub I forgot that it was for 2 racks and I was just doing one so all the extra spices formed a thicker crust than intended but the meat still fell right off the bone and they were delicious. Not too bad for a first go-round of smoking ribs.
D-Lish! You really shouldn't make my mouth water like that after dinner. Looks like a great meal! Im also jealous of your BBQ! You guys rock!
ReplyDeletewow. that seems like a lot of work!
ReplyDeletenice job. i'm sure it tasted great!
Side thought - Is the "Low'n Slow" a quote from Cars?
ReplyDelete