We were flying out Monday night so we decided that we needed one last adventure before we left. Instead of going back into the city we took off in the other direction to see the Jelly Belly Factory.
If you get the chance to see the factory I highly recommend it. We got to see the whole process from start to finish. You walk along the catwalks and look down at the workers as the are "expertly adding just the right amount of sugar to the polish machines" and you get to taste the little beans at each stage of the process.
At the end you get to go to the store and have a few more samples and purchase insane amounts of BellyFlops (ones that are too big or too small or stuck together). Zach was perfect throughout the entire tour. Near the end he just fell asleep, loud machine noises can do that to you I guess.
Later that evening we went to the airport and flew home. Completely exhausted for the week ahead of us but we had an absolute blast! Thanks again Allie, Lee and Zach!
I love factory tours. LOVE them. Looks like a really fun trip. Next up: Tennessee. Then Baltimore?
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun!! Now I'm craving jelly beans, lol.
ReplyDeleteI went to the Jelly Belly factory when I was a kid. I totally remember all the weird textures of the jelly beans before they had their final coating. What fun! :)
ReplyDelete