Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween



Will and I had a great Halloweeen this year. We started our celebration on Friday night. Will carved his pumpkin and we watched Arsenic and Old Lace ( I don't watch scary movies). Arsenic and Old Lace is one of my favorite old movies - I recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet! Will was an extra dead body in the BYU production his freshman year, but had never seen the movie. He carved a pretty sweet pumpkim - a startrek com. I loved his idea! And think his pumpkin turned out great. (Notice the number of knifes it took to carve that pumpkin!)




Then on Saturday we had a ton of friends over for the Passey Pumpkin Potluck! Everyone brought delicious food - not all of it pumpkin, but still delicious! We make mac and cheese and served it out of a hollowed out pumpkin as pumpkin brains. We also make a peperoni
pizza and a barbecue chicken pizza, along with a pumpkin cheese cake - a little disappointing - it tasted so much like pumpkin pie. Our friends brought yummy treats: chocolate cups, pumpkin whoopies, cinnamon bread, soup, and lots of other treats. Below you can see pictures. Will and I dressed as Newies. My friends Sloane and Miranda were Peter Pan and Tigerlily. Carson and Jordan were Mulder and Sculley from X-files - yep their the friends we keep borrowing Bob's X-files DVDs for - they're really into them right now! :) Another favorite costume was Merrill as Quail Man from Doug. It was a really nice night we had fun hanging out with friends!


4 comments:

  1. StarTrek Pumpkin carving - 4 points (1 per knife pictured)
    Pumpkin Brains - AMAZING! 10 points
    Newsies - Classic! 8 points
    Quailman as a friend - 100 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Total = 122 points - Way to party in the P-R-O-V-O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm sad that we missed your awesome party. These costumes are pretty authentic, too! I especially like Quail Man. That gave me quite the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your costumes!!! Looks like y'all had an amazing Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete