For me Monday, Labor Day, was the last day of Summer and the beginning of school. A day I've been looking forward to for a long time. Come Monday night I was feeling a little sad for some reason and there's only one thing that truly cures those pre-school blues... Cookies!
It just so happened that part of my shopping was getting random baking ingredients, with those and a few ingredients left by the previous roommates (vanilla, butter, chocolate chips) we created a poor batch of cookies using the Toll House Recipe.
Jun has never had homemade cookies and he was very intrigued by what was doing. After I had finished the cookie dough I had a bitof it and I offered it to Jun. He wasn't sure what to do and then I told him to eat it. His eyes lit up like a child that was let loose in a candy store. All he could do was bring his hands up to his mouth and make circular motions and syaing "It's so... It's so... Sweet! It's so good!" He enjoyed the dough. Then I baked the cookies and like I said they didn't turn out quite as I had hoped but they were still good. I just made on pan on Monday night and they were eaten by the three of us (Yeong was there but he didn't say much, he did like them though).
I came home on Tuesday and made the rest of them, had a few and then went out to do some stuff when I came home that night Jun apologized for eating the rest of them. I didn't mind, he just might reach his goal of becoming fat if he keeps it up (he can't though, all he eats is rice, dried fish, seaweed and rotten cabbage he calls kimchi).
Yay for cookies! I haven't baked cookies in FOREVER (I really don't remember the last time I did). But you're right, it always makes you feel so much better!
ReplyDeleteLove you, brother!
Flat cookies are the best! You should work some sort of trade system with the Koreans. A couple of cookies in exchange for a fish head, I think the living arrangement can work out to your advantage! Can we meet them when we come out for the baby blessing? --Lee--
ReplyDeleteWill the "Nay" recipe needs to be used instead of the Toll House. You will see much improvement.
ReplyDelete