When I took at look at our blog and realized that the last time we posted anything was October 2nd, I was amazed. I knew it had been awhile. A whole rotation went by and I didn't even most anything.
We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with my parents and our friends The Forbes (from our Wymount days). They have the cutest little one year old daughter. Mom made my 2 favorite things - yams and cornbread dressing. The weekend was topped of by turkey sugar cookies & a game night with Mo & Vicki. Will and I finally got to play Cities & Knights (Catan expansion game) & we taught them Puerto Rico. We celebrated Dad's 60th birthday by going to see Lincoln (lovely movie) and giving him the book of 60 memories and pictures that we had compiled.
Just before Thanksgiving I finished my community medicine rotation out at OHSU's Family Medicine clinic is Scappoose OR. This was my first rotation where I got to live at home in our apartment in Portland. It was great! I worked with wonderful PAs (all graduates of my program), saw lots of patients enjoyed coming home and sleeping in my own bed at night. Sadly, that bed is missing an occupant right now as Will is busy working in Seattle and living with my parents, but we get to see each other on the weekends and for 8 whole weeks!
That's right folks, after my 2 week call back here in Portland is done I've got a 3 week break, followed by a 5 week rotation in General Surgery in Seattle. You can expect a few more blog posts in December, with all the free time on my hands - maybe I'll even throw in some pictures (no promises). The deal is up when I start surgery in January.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment