Early Wednesday morning we packed up and headed up to Bryce Canyon. The second night on the ground was a bit rough, forgetting the air mattress was a mistake.
We got to Bryce mid-morning and in the Visitor's Center we ran into a couple that we met after hiking Angel's Landing. They were from Michigan, they were nice. We never saw them again.
Maybe it was because our last campsite was overrun by caterpillars. Maybe it's because we'd slept on the ground for two nights. Maybe it was because we were a little sore from hiking but when we started exploring Bryce Canyon NP it was like we had arrived at some luxury resort. To see the most amazing views all you had to do was drive to a lookout point, park the car, walk (max) 50 yards and there you were
I won't bore you with a lot of pictures but we have a lot that look fairly similar to this
From Rainbow Lookout, over 9,100 ft above sea level. At this point we walked up a short incline on a path and our heads started pounding from the dramatic elevation change that had taken place(4,500 feet or so).
It was fantastic. They had a little store where you could buy ridiculously overpriced food items (we splurged on some ice cream treats). There were showers, best $2 I spent all week. And right across from our campsite there were the cleanest restrooms I've ever seen in my life, and in the middle of the night they were toasty warm! There was also a small room with a kitchen sink and counter to rinse your dishes. We were living in the lap of luxury. It was too bad we only planned on being there one day, and that we were so sore from Zion, we could have spent more time there. It's just too bad we forgot the air mattress...
I LOVE that you guys got to go see all the parks! It all looks so fun!
ReplyDeleteVery cool. Probably nice to get a break from hiking so much. And I bet that shower did feel nice. I think that after not taking a shower even after one day-it is the nicest feeling in the world to finally get one!
ReplyDeleteI love that last picture, how beautiful
ReplyDelete