Friday, May 20, 2011

Graduation

Graduation day was great. I spent the morning working at Jamba Juice. I can say that Jamba treated me well over the three years that I worked there, best of all I got a ton of free boxes that we could use to pack with!

I skipped commencement on Thursday because all we could remember from Sara’s was the alumni guy saying something about CTR standing for Choose to Replenish and asking us for money. I even slept through the main speaker. We decided that Convocation was good enough, even if my Convocation started at 5:00pm.

I was able to fit my Kindle in my pocket so that during all of the speeches I could read that. I walked across the stage, received a standing ovation, got this beautiful photo taken:



And then sat and read for another hour and a half.



After some more great photos outside the Marriott Center we went to India Palace for dinner. It was delicious and spicy and late (Maren almost fell asleep into a plate of curry).

2 comments:

  1. I set aside Count of Monte Cristo and started Mockingjay. The funny thing is that my brother was reading Monte Cristo and my sister was reading Mockingjay up in the audience while I was reading my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete