
Will and I met Marcus Zusak today! He is the author of "The Book Thief" - for those who don't know. He came all the way from Australia (where he lives) to speak to us at the Provo Library. Pretty exciting. Will and I didn't find out about the event until this week and when Will contacted the library to get tickets they were all out. They did tell us there would be a stand by line that would start at 2pm for the 6pm talk and book signing. So 2pm today found Will and I sitting on the floor at the library waiting. When they started letting the ticketed people in we were handed tickets by some kind people who had extras. (We were at the front of the standby line).
Marcus spoke for about an hour, with just a few questions from the audience at the end. It was great - he told lots of stories, did a reading from the book, and was overall very entertaining. We are currently waiting for our group to be called for the book signing. All in all a wonderful Saturday night!
(This post was written right after Markus finished his speech and while we were waiting for the signing, he spent a decent amount of time talking to nearly every person that came to have their book signed, we finally got ours signed at 9:30pm)
I was so glad I got to see you there :) I got my book signed at 11 pm! I heard he was there until 2 am!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! You are dedicated fans...a SEVEN HOUR event!
ReplyDelete