Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home

I was lucky enough to take some time off of work to go home a couple of weekends ago. It was really fun and relaxing. The purpose of my trip was to work on family history with Dad. He has many of the old photographs and documents from Grandma Behnke. So we spent some time labeling photographs and sorting through stuff. Dad printed out a copy of Grandma Wyrill's "Gold Book" for me. It's a book that she wrote memories and stories down in. I'm currently working on typing it up so Dad and I can create an annotated version of it. It so much fun to learn more about our family. Reading Grandma Wyrill's stories helps me feel like I know her.

Mom and I also had lots of fun over the weekend. We went to Chase's for breakfast with Sarah and Carol Siebert. We made cookies and read picture books. Sunday after church we made Mom a new fleece blanket with fabric I found and brought back with me. It's got snowmen and is green and blue! It was a wonderful, relaxing trip. I'm so excited to be moving closer. Mom says she plans on seeing us every six weeks! Sounds great to me! :)



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you got to take a trip home. I'll most definitely see you up there. I recently realized that it's more probable that I'll see my parents there than here.

    ReplyDelete