For months I've been wanting to participate in the Grassroots Shakespeare Company's Play-in-a-Day Workshops. In the past the dates have just never worked out for me. You sign up for them and the week before the show they email you your lines and you come with them (hopefully) memorized on Saturday where you have 2.5 hours together to rehearse and put on the play.
I was finally able to do this on July 31st. The play was Midsummer Night's Dream and it was a blast. We rehearsed the scenes in small groups and then were supposed to do a run through. I say supposed to but we only got through 4 or 5 scenes before the reception close to us in the park got too loud with their band. After moving to a new location in the park there just wasn't time so we decided to just wing it. The show wasn't perfect but it sure was fun to do.
These pictures are from one of the first scenes in the play. There's an acting troupe in the play that puts on a play within the play and I played the role of Bottom, the actor that wanted to play every part there was (I thought it was a nice fit for me). It was a blast to do that scene with Greg, we haven't acted together since our time together at Dear Old Davis High.

The actors waiting to get their parts

G-reg and myself as I try to talk him into giving me more parts

Showing off how I would play such a great Thysbe
Oh my heavens! This looks so incredibly fun!
ReplyDelete