Sunday, January 17, 2010
Books!
Will and I both love to read. I happen to have a lot more time for reading than he does, but we both really enjoy it. My good friend, Caden, told us we should have a section of our blog where we list what we've read recently or what we're reading. So, I added that this morning - you can find it on the side under our picture. Will is currently reading Book Thief - an AMAZING book that my mom recommended this summer. I love it! I finished Count of Monte Cristo over Christmas break and would highly recommend that to anyone looking for a great classic. It feels a little slow in the middle, but really picks us speed near the end. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls was a Christmas gift from my dad. I just finished it last night. It was really a great read. It's a memoir of the author's grandmother's life. An amazing woman full of spunk and personality. A very interesting read. So that's about it for now. Right now I'm listening to Isabelle Allende's Ines de Alma Mia on cd in the car on the way to work. I love listening to books on tape in Spanish as it really helps me keep up my spanish. What are you reading? Do you have any recommendations for us? We'd love to hear them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Join good reads. There's also a way to put your goodreads list on your blog- you can google how to do it. :) I've been wanting to read the Book Thief for a long time, but haven't gotten around to it. Good to hear another rave review! :)
ReplyDeleteI just finished Julie & Julia. I loved the movie, so I wanted to read the book. It enjoyed it a lot. It made me want to make and eat even more deliciously.
ReplyDeleteI love that we can have a cyber book club now, Sarah. I miss you. Let's play sometime.
I've been meaning to read Half Broke Horses. I loved The Glass Castle. Sooo good.
ReplyDelete