After the park we headed around to the other side of the bridge to get a different view. Saturday was pretty cloudy. So cloudy that the Blue Angles had to cancel their show but we weren't planning on seeing it (the jet engines would be too loud for Zack, he got a little freaked out on Friday when they were practicing).
As we were trying to get to Pier 39 we ran into some traffic on the renovated military base so we decided to just park and hang out for a while. We found that they have a Walt Disney Family Museum. It's a museum of Walt Disney and his life. We didn't go through because it was $20 a person but we did see the lobby which had his Academy Awards of which he won over 2 dozen. The best was the one for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was a normal Oscar with 7 smaller ones next to it.
Lee and Allie just dropped us off at Pier 39 and we made our way to the end to get a nice picture of Alcatraz and experience the wonderful scents of the sea lions. We continued on check out Ghirardelli Square where they have two shops where just for walking in you get a square of free chocolate. We enjoyed a Peanut Butter and a Caramel square.
We called Allie and Lee and they came and picked us up but they experienced a little problem, their driver's seat got stuck laying almost all the way down. Allie drove all the way back to San Ramon with the seat back and it took us over an hour just to get onto the bridge! It was fun to experience the traffic and see what it's like to be in bumper to bumper city traffic but we decided that next time we'll come during the summer and go the cabin.
We did finish night with a trip to Top This Frozen Yogurt. Delicious.
We did finish night with a trip to Top This Frozen Yogurt. Delicious.
The frozen yougurt is a MUST! I go at least twice everytime I'm there. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys look like you had so much fun! I love seeing these pictures of you. It makes me so happy. You two are a perfect couple. :)
ReplyDeleteVery fun vacation! I am jealous of usual. I live through others fun experiences, because I can't get enough fun in my life. I am looking at taking a staycation in November. I hate being broke, but I need a break from work. Ugh!
ReplyDelete