We flew into the Bay Area late Thursday night and went to bed exhausted. We slept in and headed headed into San Francisco. Our first stop was the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a nice clear day and it also happened to be the day before the Fleet Week Airshow so the Blue Angles were out practicing. They were only there from 3-4pm and we got there at 3. We had no idea that they were going to be there but it was pretty cool.
After the bridge Allie then drove us over to Lombard St, along the way she pointed out the parking meters that Monk touches in the beginning of the show (Sara's never seen Monk so she had no idea). As we drove down it I was surprised at how narrow the street was.

After that we decided to just drive around until 5:30 so that we could enter the Wicked Lottery. Wicked was in town and for every show they have some tickets in the Orchestra seating that are limited view that they put in a lottery. You show up at the Box Office two and a half hours before the show and enter your name with how many tickets you want (1 or 2) and then two hours before they spin the container and start pulling names. If your name is called you can purchase those tickets for $25 a piece. We both put our names and Allie did too. Lee showed up at 5:57 to get his in too. They started calling names and about 7 names in mine was called! Then as I was purchasing the tickets Allie's name was called and she said she didn't need them (but Lee was considering it, he could drop Zach off at his parent's and be back before the show started, Allie said no). Sara's name was called at the end as well, but we passed again.
We enjoyed the show. It was limited view but the people next to us didn't show so we moved over to make it a little less limited view. I can't wait to see it again with a more proper view and a little better sound (it's not as good as close to the front). It was a crazy and busy day. Saturday was a little slower but just as fun.
I didn't know you were a Monk fan. Oh and Wicked is good. Saw it New York it was really good.
ReplyDeleteYES!!! You beat us to it! But don't worry. We will definitely be doing a post about your visit to us!
ReplyDeleteWe had a lot of fun with you two! I hope you were able to get caught up with school!
Sounds like fun! I'm glad you guys got in. I love Wicked!
ReplyDelete