Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catch up plus Fourth of Juy

So I sat down to blog about our fourth of Juy weekend and realized I never blogged about my weekend in Seattle. So I thought I'd play a little catch up first. Two weekends ago I went home to Seattle for the weekend. My home ward was throwing me a bridal shower and I went through the Seattle temple with my family. The temple was a beautiful experience. I loved being there with my whole family - now the only thing better will be being there with Will. And the shower with the sweet women from my home ward was a blast. They're all so sweet. Will and I got so many generous gifts. The ones I'm super excited about include a waffle iron, a griddle, a knive set, and our big group gift - a vacuum cleaner! It was so much fun to visit with so many friends! I even had a couple of friends from high school come.
This past weekend Will and I were able to go up to Kaysville to celebrate the fourth of July with family! It was a blast. Friday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house - stopping on the way at Ikea - where we found a kitchen table we're awfully found of. Then we went to the open house - it was really crowded - I blame it on the fourth of July weekend. After that we headed on up to Kaysville and joined John and Maren at the ward pool party. It was really fun. I think my favorite part was watching Will and John do a slow motion water fight. (I hear Brent's really good at this game too!) Saturday we did some work in the garden and then went to the parade. Then we picked up Bob and Wendy from the airport and all the relatives came over for a barbeque. We ended the night by going up with John to watch the fireworks! All in all it was a splendid fourth of July and a very relaxing weekend! I took my camera up to Kaysville specifically to take pictures so this blog would be more entertaining - but alas - the camera never made it out of my bag - maybe next time!
Only 32 days till the wedding - not that anyone is counting!

1 comment:

  1. Now that we're not close, you're going to have to remember to take pictures for us!!!!

    Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete