Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Adventure In Public Transportation

Sara was so kind as to give me a ride up to Taylorsville so that I could go to the dentist, she had to go to work so that ment it was up to me and the drivers of UTA to get back to Provo.

It began with an uneventful walk to the bus stop on 4700 South and an even much less ride to the 4500 South Trax station. I got on the Southbound Trax and rode to Sandy. The interesting thing is that I've never gone south on Trax, I've gone north plenty of times and to get back to Provo I usually got a ride with Brent and Amber back down after Sunday dinner.

Back to the adventure... The nice thing about public transportation is people watching. I watched one person get off the Southbound Trax only to walk over and get on the Northbound one. Once I got on the brand new bus (it was nice) heading to Provo I wittnessed other great happenings. Like the cow sitting on the Chick-Fil-A sign swingin' and bobin' all over the place. That cow should get a bonus, he was good. Then there was the 80 year old man that got off the bus in Sandy and immediatly started jogging. It was 95 degrees and he started running in jeans and a polo, I hope he wasn't late for something.

All in all it was a great trip and an adventure in public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment