Friday, May 15, 2009
JOB!!!
Yep - that title is in all caps with four exclamation points - I'm excited about this, if you can't tell. I just finished my first week at my new job. I got hired last Saturday and started on Monday as a medical assistant for a pediatrician. It's great! I've learned out to prepare and give vaccines - not nearly as hard as my phlebotomy class. I can now bring patients back to the rooms and take vitals. I'm also doing a lot of front office stuff. I schedule appointments, prepare charts, verify insurance, and take co-pays. I'm sure as the weeks go by that list will get longer and longer. The only downside to the job is that it's in West Jordan so it's a bit of a drive, but it's worth it because this job gives me paid clinical experience which is what I need to get into PA school in a couple of years. This week the most exciting development - a possible case of swine flu - we're still waiting to hear back about the swab we sent to the health department. Stay tuned for more exciting work updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bummer about the drive. That is were I had to do my student teaching. Not fun. But at least you get paid for what you do. That might help a little. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You will learn a ton...I love kids, even though the office and get really loud from crying. Somehow I can easily tune that out. I make kids cry everyday :( You will love it though.
ReplyDeleteSara, I just love you, you are so super cute and I am so excited for you and for everything that is going on, including the job and the wedding and everything. Good luck with it all!
ReplyDelete