Monday, January 7, 2013

R5W1 - General Surgery

I've just started my 5th rotation.  It's general surgery and the surgeon is a wonderful woman that I've know since I was 11.  The best part however, is coming home to Will every night!  We've really been looking forward to living together again.  We also get to live with my lovely parents who are kind enough to open their home to us right now.  (Will's been living with them since September when he got his job at the middle school).

The surgeon I'm working with does lots of breast surgery so that's most of what I've seen so far.  The best part is I get to be first assist on all the cases we do, which means I'm right there doing everything she needs - retracting, suctioning, holding pressure and closing (the suturing is my favorite part).  It's been great so far and I'm excited that I still have 4 more weeks to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment