Friday, June 1, 2012

911

Today, as we drove up to Seattle we encountered an erratic driver in the middle lane. She was drifting into other lanes, failing to notice when traffic slowed down or started back up again. Will and I were concerned and attempting to keep our distance in an effort to keep ourselves and our little Camry safe. This was a difficult task with stop and go traffic of Tacoma at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. As we discussed the possibility of calling to report an erratic driver we weren't sure who to call. 911 seemed a bit extreme until we remember Ann and Andrew's council on the issue. They call 911 all the time. So I dialed away, speaking to the calm 911 operator who transferred me to state patrol who took down the license plate number and our location.

Ten miles down the road we happened upon that same vehicle, this time it was off to the side with two State Troopers taking an interest in the driver.

 

2 comments:

  1. YES! It seems like you should only call 911 if, say, someone is bleeding to death. But it turns out you might start calling them all the time if you're like us. :) I have also called them for erratic drivers. Like, a Taxi on the freeway going the wrong way.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys!! I totally think I would be too pansy to call 911. But when its important like that, you saved lives! :D Hope you guys are doing well!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete