Saturday, April 14, 2012

Punchbowl Falls

Friday morning Will and I were up early and headed out to the Gorge to fit in a hike that we've been wanting to do since we moved here. Punchbowl falls! It's not a long hike, just a little over 3 miles. But it was beautiful! It was fun to be up early and out on the trail before most people. We had a trail completely to ourselves on the way there and saw just a few people on the way back.


All along the way we found little waterfalls and weeping rocks. Here's one of the little falls we could see across the river.
Here was our first view through the trees of the falls. We took a small trail down to get a closer look. The water level was pretty high. My favorite part was the beautifully clear water with a touch of aqua blue color in the deep parts of the river.

It was lovely to get a chance to get out of Portland and enjoy some of the beauty around us! We even saw a bald eagle on our way back.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous hike...get it?! :) It really looks lovely, and have I also mentioned how stinkin' cute your blog is looking these days? Love it. Also...this is random but I thought you would appreciate...I finished The Book Thief a few months ago and was soo in love with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete