Sunday, July 3, 2011

PA school

PA school is great! It's been two weeks, we've had two tests - I passed both of them. I think it's safe to say we're off to a good start. I'm in class from 8 to 5 most days and then I study at home at night. So far we've learned to skin, hair & nails exam, vital signs, and HEENT (Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose and Throat). It's too bad I can't make it to the Passey family reunion this week - there would be so many people to practice on. Luckily my parents came down yesterday and spent a fun weekend with Will and I. I was able to take Dad up the aerial tram to school and Mom and I picked out new glasses for me. After picking Will up from work, we all headed to dinner and a lovely stroll around the Portland Rose Garden - which was stunning. To finish off the night, they all served as practice patients while I practiced the exam skills I will be tested on for Tuesday. I think life is off to a pretty great start here in Portland!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you're enjoying school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're not dead. Hope things continue to go well.
    PS Slight possibility I'll be in Seattle over Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete