We began with the sauce, a nice blend of oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and some minced garlic and stirred together in crushed tomatoes. It turned out just a little sweet so we think that next time we make it we'll use 1/2 TBS instead of a full one.
Once it was into shape we laid some corn meal out on the peel and pinched up the edges to create a nice crust.

As I was working with the dough Sara was chopping up Green Peppers and Onions for our toppings. We took this shot because we wanted to show off one of our favorite gifts. The Humbles in Kaysville gave us spoons that Bro. Humble made himself from Cherry Wood. They are amazing spoons. He did give us instructions that if they ever start to become dry that we are to add a little cooking oil to them. Who knew you had to take care of wooden spoons, but we are more than happy to.
Along with Green Peppers and Onions we added some Hot and Spicy Pepperoni.
The whole time we were getting the crust and toppings ready we had the pizza stone in the oven warming up so that the bottom of the crust would be nice and crisp and it was. The top came out looking pretty darn good too!
There wasn't much left. It'll be a nice snack for later!
ok. that looks yummy. we are glad you liked the gift. we have loved ours and thought you two might find use for one too! i think lee might ask for some pizza when you come out...
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I think David and I have the EXACT same pizza set and we LOVE IT!!! We won't eat pizza any other way now. By the way, I'm glad I found your blog! It makes me happy. :)
ReplyDelete